If you want to rekindle romance, chew comfortably and look 10 years younger, the answer could be a resounding “YES“.
If you want to have a bright, white, healthy smile, preserve your existing teeth and live a longer, healthier, happier life the answer could be a resounding “YES“.
Here’s How It Works
A dental implant is a biocompatible, man-made substitute to replace missing tooth roots. It is usually made of a space-age alloy of titanium. Implants come in various shapes and sizes to fit the situation. Most are cylinders placed in to bone and allowed to heal undisturbed while bone heals around them, locking them in like an anchor. After a few months, the implants are used as a foundation for replacing the missing teeth. Dental implants restore lost chewing ability, improve appearance, end embarrassment, and give real self-confidence to patients who need them. They are a real breakthrough.
The steps of the implant procedure itself are quite simple.
- If there is a damaged tooth, it must be painlessly removed.
- The actual “implant”, a small grooved or threaded titanium post is planted into your actual jawbone. Another kind, one with a special base, can be attached on top of the jawbone, underneath your gum line. The thickness and type of bone at the implant’s location determine which style post should be used Local anesthesia makes this a comfortable process.
- Your body immediately begins to “bond” either kind of titanium post into place with bone or tissue. This is a very thorough process and may take from three to six months before the next step can begin.
- Your body does not reject these new materials but ties them in with great strength as if they were a natural part of your own body. You may elect to wear a temporary denture during this binding process, if you choose.
- Once the titanium implant is tightly in place, a wider post is now attached to the titanium implant and your new tooth is attached to this second post with one of the world’s most secure and space age adhesives. Bonding is virtually forever!
- You have a new tooth. You are the only one who knows it’s man-made – and implants are so comfortable you’ll soon forget which one it is. Your body thinks it’s your own – so will you.
Dental implants are the most stable and economically far-sighted solution to the very real problem of missing teeth. This procedure is one which I have done repeatedly for satisfied patients over many years. My friendly staff also has in-depth training and great experience in this area and will be happy to answer any questions that may come to you.