Whether you know you need dental crowns or are simply considering your options, same-day CEREC crowns are the best option available today.
What Are Same-Day CEREC Crowns?
CEREC (which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration Esthetic Ceramic) crowns are an exciting development in the field of dental surgery.
When you are being fitted for CEREC crowns doctors use power in-house tools, including CAD systems, to custom design the crowns. This allows them to create a perfect, natural look for your dental crowns.
This technology allows expert dental surgeons to reduce what is normally a long and complicated process down to a single visit.
What Are the Benefits of Same-Day CEREC Crowns?
Beyond simply knowing that you’re getting the best and most advanced treatment available, there are numerous benefits to CEREC crowns.
All the Benefits of Traditional Crowns
Same-day CEREC crowns can address all the same issues and concerns as traditional dental crowns but without many of the downsides. Crowns can help with a variety of condition, which includes:
- Weak teeth, or teeth that may otherwise be prone to cracking.
- Severely worn or even broken teeth.
- Teeth that are discolored or misshapen.
- Large cavities.
- Missing teeth.
- Root canals.
These are all conditions that dental crowns can help with, and that same-day CEREC crowns will provide an even more efficient solution for.
No Molded Impressions
Traditional crowns require taking impressions using uncomfortable physical molds using a tray and material that feels like it’s filling your whole mouth.
By contrast, the impressions for same-day CEREC crowns are created with a specialized camera and advanced modeling software. This makes the process far quicker, and much less invasive.
No Temporary Crowns
The same modeling software that creates the impressions can also quickly export the model to a milling machine. This allows a new, permanent ceramic crown to be created while you’re in the office.
Before CEREC crowns were available, you could be waiting for weeks for the permanent crowns and stuck wearing temporary acrylic crowns while you wait.
The need for temporary crowns also meant you would need two equally long visits to a dental surgeon to complete the procedure. With same-day CEREC crowns, you only need one much shorter visit.
How It Works
What makes CEREC crowns so revolutionary is how quickly the procedure to install them is. There are four basic steps to getting your new dental crowns.
- Consult. The first step is a consult to make sure that you’re a good candidate for dental crowns. The dental surgeon will take X-Rays and perform other basic examinations to make sure the bone and gums are strong and healthy enough to support crowns.
- Imaging. Using a special camera and software, the dental surgeon will take pictures of your teeth and use them to create a 3D model of the teeth that need to be crowned.
- Creating the Crown. The 3D model will be sent to an in-house milling machine that creates the ceramic crown in minutes. It’s perfectly shaped and ready to be installed.
- Installation. The permanent crown is installed during the same visit.
If you think dental crowns are for you, you should contact Balle & Associates and ask about same-day CEREC crowns. We’re online at www.BalleDDS.com or call 702.877.6608