Dentures and Partial Dentures
(A Low cost cleanser for complete dentures only)1.) Dentures should be removed and placed in water or cleanser while you sleep.
2.) Place dentures in Clorox-Calgon Solution overnight or at least 30 minutes daily. (This will kill most bacteria at a minimum of 30 minutes.)
How to Clean Your Dentures
- 1 Teaspoon Clorox
2 Teaspoons Calgon* Minimum in 6 oz.Water (*Calgon is a water softener which is available at grocery stores. DO NOT USE CALGONATE, which is a dishwasher detergent, or Calgon bath oil beads.)
- After soaking, thoroughly remove all cleanser with light brushing under tap water. If tarter remains, a mild vinegar can be used to soak and brush stubborn calculus (tartar) deposits.
- Do not place dentures with metal parts in this solution. It will destroy the linking.
- Lightly brush dentures with a soft nylon toothbrush. (Oral B-40, Lactona S-19, Py0co-pay Softex.) Denture brushes with stiff, coarse bristles can cause wear to denture materials.
- To prevent breaking dentures, brush dentures over a towel or over a basin half filled with water.
- Massage gums daily with a thumb, finger, or soft toothbrush for five minutes in the morning and five minutes in the evening or as directed.
Cleaning Dentures with Soft Temporary Liners
1.) Use Kleenite as a soaking cleanser. Follow directions on the package for mixing cleanser, except use warm water, almost cool – NOT HOT.
2.) Do not experiment with other cleansers, as they may damage the lining.
3.) Soak dentures in this solution up to 30 minutes daily. Do not leave dentures in cleanser solution over night.
4.) Use cotton balls to swab liner during the first several days. After this, the surface of the lining can be lightly brushed with a soft toothbrush.
5.) Avoid hot foods and foods requiring chewing for the first day. Warm food and light chewing will not harm the lining.
6.) Avoid foods with seeds, as they can become embedded in the lining.
7.) Keep dentures in water when it is out of your mouth for any period of time. It should not become dry.
NOTE: Following these instructions will extend the life of the lining:
Balle & Associates provides important pre- and post-operation instructions along with proper cleaning and oral hygiene information such as flossing, brushing, and diet. Along with being a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, American Dental Association, Nevada Dental Association, and a delegate for Southern Neveda Dental Society, Dr. Peter S. Balle has advanced training in dental implants and surgically places and restores dental implants. Balle & Associates cosmetic and general dentistry of Las Vegas, Nevada would be glad to answer any of your questions pertaining to any of the dental techniques and information in our web site. For more information, please tour our site our call us at (702) 997-1177 to schedule your Free 15 Minute Consultation with Dr. Balle.
Affordable monthly payments available. Optional payment plans.